Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It Was No Friday

Finally got to taste the well known All American Diner, TGI Friday. I dont know what's with the whole fuss among teens at school about this restaurant but i find it to be like any typical restaurant. Went to the Pavillion branch right after watching the latest instalment to George Lucas's Indiana Jones with Mama, Zafirah and Peter Pan (Mr Kaas).

I was dead tired and i felt like sleeping right after the movie. The atmosphere really could have put me to sleep with all its dim lights at every table. That's why i didnt talk much during dinner. My eyes were fixed at the prices while scanning through the menu. Didnt want Mama to pay so much for dinner cuz I often feel guilty whenever I get something that worths or slightly less than the lipstick she owns. I really cant remember what i ordered but i recall the word mushroom in the menu. And cost quite reasonable ^-^

Mama's appetizer came up first. Shrimp Martini. It has a very...interesting taste. Sour and spicy and served cold. Banyak tomato puree in it. The shrimps somehow ah.. look like something that came out from a sci fi movie but of course it tasted better than it looked.



Note that i didnt actually take any pictures since i've lost my cam. So the pics are taken from various blogs and web pages.



NO I DID NOT STEAL THEM. I just took them without permission. :P

The pic's from http://www.nicolekiss.blogspot.com/

Then everyones dinner popped out at the same time. yeah so i happen to get the hamburger. And i clearly forgotten whatever its called. Zafirah had fish n chips. Again i cant remember what Mama and Peter ordered and i apologize for that but she had fish while he had steak (?). It shall remain a mystery.


As everyone should have known TGI serves their dishes in American portion. My hamburger were so out of the usual McDonald size. Eating it like i how normally do, as in with hands was troublesome and during the process i totally lost my table manners. Its plain gruesome even with fork and knife.

But i managed.

To be honest it wasnt really all that GREAT. It really tasted like it came out from McDonald's kitchen but more freshly cooked and juicier. I think the best part of my burger was the buns. And that is why i ate them on their own. Ahhhh....grilled buns....mmm
It was sad that i couldnt finish my fries. Right after the trip to the loo i was confident that i can store more chips in my tummy....but then it was taken away.

Not to happy about that. :/

Like i said i had some space left in my tummy. Looked to my left Zafirah couldnt finish her fish. Ambik pi lah. Peter and Mama practically laughed at how greedy i was.

At first when i popped a small piece of fish inside my mouth i swear to God it tasted like chicken. Mam mam some more it tasted pretty good. The tartar sauce enhances the flavour of the fish. Enjoyed that more than my actual dinner

Haish should have ordered that. If only i knew.

Desert. Cookies n Cream. Splendid. The three of us (excluding Mama) fought through to get a portion after another. But in a very polite way. and quiet.
Peter was like "Never in my entire life have i dine with 3 quiet ladies"
When you're hungry we definitely just concentrate on eating and nothing more.
And that's how we work, Mr Kaas.

That was how we ended our dinner session. Total up the whole thing and it was RM 170 and a few sens. 0_0

For something that i half enjoyed it was certainly pricey. Alas it was expected. Peter decided to settle the bill. hehe Thank you, sir.

And that's how we ended our Wednesday.


No comments: