Thursday, June 12, 2008

Review : All Around Me

I know that this song has been out for awhile but i only just got hooked to it recently. And now im just humming to it.

ALL AROUND ME - Flyleaf

Vocals : definitely describes the lyrics. has a very haunting feel yet so innocent it just creeps me out but im so daunt to it. ^_^. Lacey Mosley scores vocals when she doesnt go all screamo.

Music arrangement wise, its pretty forgettable and has nothing to enhance the music. The song depends mostly on the vocals to have it soar up to the charts for sure.

"Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you
I believe"


This part is a little off. the music idea is different from the whole song and its such a small part. Then when it returns back to the chorus it doesnt blend well. Ive heard a lot of comments on Lacey's posessed look. Yeah it is creepy in some way but she can sing and her "posessed" expression just suits the video. Concept is SO typical. Seen hundreds of bands dressed in white, drowned / soaked in dirty or coloured liquids. Its used so many times. Bands should have come up with different ideas and not just stick to this style.


Rating
Music : 3/5
Video : 2/5


No comments: